World Health Organization
- Access to safe and legal abortion
- COVID-19: The dissemination of vaccines in developing countries
The World Health Organization is an agency of the United Nation with the sole purpose of improving international public health. Situated in the beautiful city of Geneva, Switzerland, the agency has offices in all continents. It was founded in 1948 to combat horrendous health situations after World War II. They are the front-line of defense in fighting epidemics such as malaria, HIV/AIDS Ebola, tuberculosis and the most recent pandemic of COVID-19.
Human Rights Council
- Ensuring human rights in Belarus
- The Lebanese humanitarian crisis
The Human Rights Council is an inter-governmental body within the United Nations system made up of 47 States responsible for the promotion and protection of all human rights around the globe. It has the ability to discuss all thematic human rights issues and situations that require its attention throughout the year.
- Ensuring qualitative education during the pandemic
- Protecting world heritage sites in conflict areas
UNESCO is the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization. It seeks to build peace through international cooperation in Education, the Sciences and Culture. UNESCO’s programmes contribute to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals defined in Agenda 2030, adopted by the UN General Assembly in 2015.
- The Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- Transnational organized cybercrime
The United Nations Security Council is one of the six principal organs of the United Nations, charged with ensuring international peace and security, recommending the admission of new UN members to the General Assembly, and approving any changes to the UN Charter.
Disarmament & International Security Committee
- The proliferation of remote weapons systems and unmanned vehicles
- Weaponization and militarization of outer space
The Disarmament and International Security Committee deals with disarmament, global challenges and threats to peace that affect the international community and seeks out solutions to the challenges in the international security regime.